Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: ES motor mount inserts

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well worth their weight in gold... got them from Summit for around $40-something delivered...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator(working it out), stock intake w/resinator cut off at fenderwell for "cool air", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, Neuspeed springs(sux!), Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar, ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, Yokohama AVS 205/50/15's, Metal Master brake pads(KVR Carbon Fibre pads sitting on work bench) ,B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...

    YLW 00' ITR #00-1011 with AEM CAI and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

    Get paid to surf the Web!!! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=TUD-039

  2. #12
    Inactive Member waveoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 1999
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know the exact differences. Are the LS motor mounts different than the EX motor mounts? If not then the 16.1105's should work fine. Better yet, go to http://www.suspension.com and ask them.

    ------------------
    Fred G.
    '97 Civic EX supercharged http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/track/4059
    Beech 1900D driver...2,558 shp, 10,000+ ft./lbs. tq., top speed 331 mph

  3. #13
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah, they are the same. I should be cool. I will give an update after they are in.

    Zach

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    AEM CAI
    DC 4-1 Ceramic Header
    Test Pipe
    GReddy PE exhaust
    Magnacore 8.5mm Wires
    MSD 6A
    Skunkworks Coilovers
    ACT 6 Puck
    Turbo Convert

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Zach,

    Did you use the stock rubber mounts from an LS or YOUR civic ??? Remember, we are talking about the three rubber filled metal mounts found on the chassis, NOT the brackets that attach the mount to the motor or transmission.

    The mounts are different (internally shaped) between the civic and the LS. However, either one will bolt-on to your civic locations.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Encino Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 1999
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    not to bash anyone here (because no one really said anything untrue about ES MM inserts) but..

    why do people bitch and complain about these inserts? if you can't stand a BIT of vibration (really, it's not bad at all) then you shouldn't have got to the point where your stock engine mounts aren't holding your engine enough anymore.

    you can't have it all.

    they are FINE for a daily driver. put it this way.. if you can stand driving a lowered car with a semi-loud exhaust then motor mount inserts wont bug you. you'll get used to it (i seriously didn't even notice until someone told me). man, when they first came out people were freaking out over the vibration they made. but it's NOTHING.

    l8er.



    ------------------
    88 ZC CRX. 13.9 n/a -
    13.1 w/zex.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 12SecGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2000
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Encino about them being fine for a daily driver for "us" (everyone on here has sacrificed some creature comforts for speed and/or good looks.) I think the vibration is merely a small annoyance. But, you can watch my steering wheel shake at idle, and I have a fully balanced engine. I got used to it after 1 or 2 days, but for some people that is too extreme.

    ------------------
    94 GSR drag gen 3 turbo
    Benson's built bottom end

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have only the easy two on, and yes, it scared me when I first fired it up. Now I don't even care and plan on putting the rear mount in when I get a chance.

    Greg

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine vibrates enough to make the mirrors shake... and although I find this irritating at times, it is far overshadowed by the ability to KICK A$$ on the street !!!


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •